Pittsburgh through an Artist's Eyes
Local artist Blaine Siegel is a multidisciplinary sculptor with a social engagement practice. He incorporates broad interests and materials into his studio practice, set design, and socially engaged projects including a residency at the Pittsburgh International Airport, public art displays and solo exhibitions.
Building on Joinery Hotel’s existing art collection and new Artist in Residency program, in September through November we will display Blaine’s commissioned piece - inspired by Joinery’s building, people and brand story. To celebrate, we are inviting guests to explore Pittsburgh through his eyes!
Take a look at what Blaine suggests for the ultimate Pittsburgh artistic visit, plus some fun Joinery perks to experience the Pittsburgh art scene like a local.
Blaine’s recommendations to explore include:
• The gem and mineral room at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History (attached to the Carnegie Museum of Art)
• The Carnegie Museum of Art will be exhibiting the International starting September 25th, a survey show of contemporary art from around the world
• Copacetic Comics in Polish Hill is the go-to spot for independent comics, zines, DVD’s, and books
• The Center for Post Natural History in Bloomfield
Included when booking the Pittsburgh through an Artist's Eyes package, guests can enjoy:
• An overnight stay
• An exclusive tour of Joinery's curated art collection in the lobby
• 2 complimentary tickets to Carnegie Museum of Art or The Center for Post Natural History
• 2 complimentary bikes for exploring Pittsburgh’s public art
Terms & Conditions apply. Must be booked 14 days in advance.
To book, please reach out to email@example.com